Opening : 10 October 2017
by the President of the Republic of Indonesia Joko Widodo
and King Philippe of Belgium at Palais des Beaux-Arts , Brussels, Belgium
“Let's be a part of a nation that will dazzle the eyes
of millions of European and the world through
Europalia Arts Festival.”
Europalia Arts Festival
"Indonesia culture should make proud at home, and should charms abroad as a guest country"
- The largest, the grandest, and the most prestigious international biennale cultural event.
- With events held in Belgium and other European countries
- Inviting Guest Country to showcase its art and culture during four-month period
- Focused mainly on four pillars, namely: heritage, contemporary, creations, and exchange.
- Has been organized 25 times since its first one held in 1969.
Indonesia will be the Guest Country for Europalia Arts Festival 2017.
- The Festival will take place from 10 October 2017 to 21 January 2018.
- Indonesia is the 26th Guest Country of the Festival
- Indonesia is the first Guest Country from Southeast Asia
- Indonesia is the fourth Guest Country from Asia, after Japan, China and India
Minister of Education and Culture Republic of Indonesia
Assalammualaikum Wr. Wb.
For the moment, let us look around us. Inevitably we will sense how Indonesia is very rich and very great. However, do not forget, this nation’s greatest wealth comes from its human resources. This country has thousands of races, tribes and languages, yet all agree to unite. In contrast to other nations, Indonesia has managed to emerge from its diversity and look unique to become one nation: Indonesia. Read More
Director General of Culture Ministry of Culture and Education
In four months, from 10 October2017 until 21 January 2018, Indonesia will be the Guest Country of Europalia Arts Festival in Belgium, a prestigious arts and cultural festival that has been held since 1969. Europalia will facilitate the Guest Country for holding arts and cultural events in 77 venues in 52 cities in Belgium, and other European cities. Read More